BEAM Online - The Yahoo of BEAM!


AquaBot
Note: This in an unfinished project that will never be finished. The weight of the bot was to great so it just sank. You may be able to counter this problem by using a plastic tube instead of glass. Please let me know it you get a aquabot working.

This is the beginning of an AquaBot
This is how I built the AquaMotor.
The main shaft has the propeller soldered on one end and the other end connected to the pager motor. Between the prop and the motor there is a larger shaft that just fits over the first in the space there will be some kind of a water sealer maybe grease? On top of that there is going to be one layer of heat shrink and then the main piece that covers the whole thing in the back the leads will stick out and there will be epoxy filling the space. What do you think?
At first it didn't work because there was to much resistance between the two tubes. I found out it was because when I put the ST (shrink tube) on it would move the outer shaft and bind it up so I had to only shrink the tube around both ends so the shaft could have some play, it worked. I put Sewing Machine oil between the shafts and it just hummed nicely. OK How did I test it? I put it horizontally completely submerged in water and ran it for 5 minutes at 3 volts.
I found this small test tube at a hobby shop. I am going to put 2 solar cells outside of the frame and a the circuit and the cap inside it. 8-)
This is the latest image of AquaBot. As you can see I was JUST able to fit the circuit into the test tube, I even had to file some stuff down so that it would fit. I'm using a .47F cap with two Panasonic BP-242221 SolarCells.
This is the circuit without the test tube so you can get a better look at the circuit, when complete it will be about 3 1/4"(8cm) long.


Copyright © 2006 Solarbotics Ltd.
For problems concerning this site please contact the Webmaster.
Nervous nets copyright and patented by Mark Tilden. Content originally developed by Ian Bernstein.